Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wrestlespective's Weekly Power Poll


Power Poll No. 19 10/13/10

1. Wade Barrett (Last week: 3)

2. The Miz (7)

3. Randy Orton (1)

4. Kane (2)

5. Jeff Hardy (NR)

6. John Cena (4)

7. C.M. Punk (NR)

8. Sheamus (8)

9. Edge (6)

10. Rey Mysterio (NR)

Dropped out: Daniel Bryan, The Undertaker, Alberto Del Rio


MY OFFICIAL BALLOT

1. The Miz

Wade Barrett might be getting to boss around John Cena, but you as well as I do that when this whole Nexus thing is over, it'll be Barretts shoulders on the mat and Cena standing above him the triumphant Superman the WWE markets him as. The Miz got the victory in this match and became the captain for Team Raw at Bragging Rights. To me, that's worth number one.

2. Randy Orton

Let me get one thing straight right off the bat: I'm not a Randy Orton fan. Think he's just dandy, but I'm not sure why people are touting him as the next Stone Cold. He's not half as charismatic as the Rattlesnake, he doesn't have the in-ring abilities and the RKO? How the hell is that being pushed as half as awesome as the Stunner? But my personal feelings aside, week in and week out, he gets put over stronger than anyone else on the roster and thus keeps his position near the top of my Power Poll Ballot. As much as it pains me, of course.

3. Wade Barrett

Has this guy not been on fire the last five months? Straight out of NXT, he gets latched into the leader of the biggest angle of the year so far and is now getting a one one one match for the WWE Championship? And I'm not sure anyone can really whine about him 'not deserving' it. A terrible finish aside, Barrett has everything that a WWE Superstar needs to be successful: he's got the look, the size, the work-rate and he's dynamite on the stick. Add in the fact that he now gets to poke the Cena-bear for the foreseeable future, and you've got your new Main Event superstar. I expect to see RED BELLY~! (thanks THolz) as a Power Poll staple for quite some time.

4. Daniel Bryan

The entire internet was up in arms in defense of the American Dragon again last week following a questionable squashing at the hands of Sheamus. We could argue all week as to why that beat-down it occurred or if it was punishment for some backstage heat, but the reality is that Bryan came out this week and had an incredible showing against a former two-time WWE Champion, even dominating him for a good portion of the match. For me, it was a no-brainer to have him so high-up on my ballot, but maybe I was just marking out .. yeah, I was probably just marking out.

5. John Cena

As many of my fellow bloggers have pointed out, Cena obviously still has his avid supporters in the WWE Universe. I'm not sure Cena will ever really fall off this list, to be honest. He's a staple in WWE television as has been for the last five or six years consecutively. Even now, as he plays lapdog to the Nexus, the WWE still manages to book him strong enough that the fans can still get behind him. They are building really great tension in this story so that when Cena finally breaks and hauls off and smacks the British off of Barrett, it's going to feel like something special.

6. Roderick Strong

I've been so impressed with this guy lately, that he's here more for the fact that I just love him so goddamn much than for any real deserving. Maybe that's wrong, but that's why it's my ballot!

7. CM Punk

Can't make much of a bigger impact on a new show than the Second City Savior did this Monday night on RAW. I only hope that my personal favourite wrestler gets put in a feud with the Miz, Daniel Bryan or some other mid-to-main level superstar, rather than letting him rot under the rest of the RAW roster.

8. Big Show

He's the captain of Smackdown ... more of a circumstance vote here. In retrospect, shoulda be replaced with Sheamus. Whoops!

9. Kane

I guess I keep hoping that his title reign will really POP sooner than later. He's been dropping steadily on my personal ballot for weeks now. Will the World Champ still be here next week?

10. Jeff Hardy

This was my most reluctant Power Poll vote ever. I am really, really over the Hardy brothers period, so I wasn't exactly pleased when he was named the new TNA World Champion. The reason he's on my ballot is simple: while the Russo-ific swerve is waaaaayyy overused in this business, not one person saw Jeff Hardy being the subject of that swerve. Whether the feedback is positive or negative, it has the IWC talking and for that reason, he deserves to be here.


See you next week!

The WRESTLESPECTIVE Power Poll is a weekly top 10 ranking of wrestlers as voted by members of these wonderful sites:BoredWrestlingFan.com,Future Endeavors, Hit the Ropes, NoVaWPodcast, Oh My WrestleBlog, Online World of Wrestling,PIZZABODYSLAM,Pro Wrestling Ponderings,Project Wonderboy,Ringside Rants, Smark Out Moment, The Superplex,The Wrestling Blog,WrestlingAdikt.com, andWrestleRage.com.

Follow the Power Poll voters on Twitter. If you have a wrestling site and are interested in becoming a voter, e-mail wrestlespective(at)gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment